Marshall JCM 2000 DSL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JCM 2000 DSL

i was playing my amp tonight and it keeps cutting in in out on me for a short period of time not sure why it was doing this thought it might have been guitar problems but i switched guitars and it did it again and it still did it so i just shut it down for the night what might this be ????

May be your effex loop. Try a short cord from effx out to effex in. See if that helps. Sometimes the jacks get dirty.

Comment

not running nothing through the effect loop .. about to turn her back on and see if its still doing it switch all my cords out if it is and try again ...

Comment

I believe you misunderstood the post by "Booj".
        He was asking you to "put" a cord into the effects & return jacks.
        These jacks , depending on the amp, have a normally closed contact inside the jack.
        This contact "passes" the signal when the jack is not being used.
        If dirt or corrosion gets into that normally closed contact, well, it will not be normally closed.
        It will be open or worse yet, intermittantly open.
        So, put a guitar cord from the send to return & see if it helps.

Comment

is it possible to not be pushing enough volume out i was playing at night time so i only had my distortion vol at one started cutting in and out after about hour or so then i shut her down for the night and i just played for about 30 min or so with the vol. at 2 and a half witch is just a little lower than what i usually gig at and i had no problems at all for granted i only had it on for about 45 min or so including the 10 min i gave it to warm up

Comment

No, it's not possible it was cutting out because you weren't "pushing enough volume". More likely dirty effects loop jacks like booj and JPbass already mentioned. Go back and read their responses carefully. If you are not willing to take expert advice, why bother asking for it.
            The problem you are having is most often caused by the effects loop jacks when they are NOT being used.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

i was taking there advise and just asking another question and thanks for the help guys so should i just leave a cord going from the effects loop in to the out plugged in all the time when i play ?

Comment

The cord between the send and return is a test to see whether that is the problem. If the amp is no longer cutting in and out then we know it was the loop jacks. They will need to be cleaned or resoldered or replaced. Sometimes just plugging the cord in and out a few times will clear the problem.
                If the amp is still cutting in and out with the patch cord in the loop, then we know the problem is somewhere else.
                Having the patch cord from the send to return can be a good emergency fix in the middle of the gig, but you don't want to use it as a permanent fix .
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                X