Peavy 10 channel P14 mixer board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavy 10 channel P14 mixer board

I have a Peavy 10 chanel mixer board Pv14 and everything was working on it except the monitor send. I went out the other day to turn it on and it did not come on. I am trying to learn electronics repair but the board has so many knobs I am not sure how it opens.
    JamesT

How familiar are you with mixing boards? Is ther any chance you don;t have the send set up right? IN other words, an input to a channel strip, the monitor send for that channel up, then the monitor send master up, and am aplifier connected to that output jack?

But assuming thatis not the problem, access is usually by removing the bottom cover. ANy parts that are on the top side of the board will require the board be removed from the chassis, and that will require removing ever knob on the thing. And I always draw up a color chart so I know where the return what color knob.

I don't know this mixer personally, but I think it is new enough - it is still in production I believe - that the components on the circuit board will be "surface mount" parts. Those are super tiny and requife considerable skill to remove and replace.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Peavy PV14

Hello thanks for that, the light does not come on when the power switch is turned on, I had used the board in my piano studio. I really do not want to take every knob off, so I quess I should send it to Peavy right?
      Did you see my post about the old peavy 10 band EQ, it looks like it has replaceable components on aboout 5 bread boards on each side.
      Thanks for the advice I will be coming back too discuss other issues as well while I am studying . I need to find some troubleshoot guides on powers amps and general equipment. I do mostly electrical and have not worked that much yet with intergrated circuits and digital op-amps but I am aware of them.
      JamesT

Comment

I misunderstood. I thought you meant the MONITOR SEND would not come on. But you mean the whole thing quit working. SOrry.

If the whole thing is dead, we may or may not have to pull the board. I'd start by inspecting for open fuses, and so forth.

Where are you? There are Peavey service centers all over the country. It is certainly OK to send it to the factory, but any Peavey shop can handle this. For example if yo were in the mid Michigan area, you could bring it to my shop.

Just a horror story for you. A church brought me their big mixer with extensions - about 50 channels if I recall. It needed some work that required I pull every board in it. I counted 962 knobs I had to remove - and get back in the right order. Over 250 nuts from jacks. Hundreds of screws holding microphone connectors. Not to mention all the small screws holding the boards to the metal panels. It took several hours just for the disassembly and reassembly. Count your blessings.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Horror story

you are right about that. I expect that was a costly repair as well. Also, I live in Winston Salem,NC. i will check around. Do you do any live video conferencing? Yes many of my problems are small compared to yours but there is a big need around he in companies for electronics techs. I have already answered with a resume on about 4 to 5 employers that need electrical and electronic technicians.
          Also I good ship you some of my stuff but then again there are places here.
          I was trying Trouble shoot a QSC power amplifier also that has some sound and a hum in it. I will get the model number it is not new either it is one of the first line but about 800 watts or more in bridge mode it has a fan in it ,and banana plugs plus the dual 1/4 inch and mike cord input combination. It has like a 8 tab dip switch on the back to adjust some type of settings well. I will not go into more because you have given good info and I will be checking this first.
          Have a nice day
          Tim Tedder

Comment

The peavy board

yes the whole board went dead. I will check to see if there is a fuse ,reset. Not much there except the power on switch.
            Tim Tedder

Comment

I don't know the unit, but fuse clips are sometimes part of the power cord connection. A little door right under the power cord jack prys open to reveal a fuse. May or may not be on this unit.

Go to Peavey.com, and under SUPPORT use the service/dealer locator function.. Plug in your zip code, and I am sure you wil find a number of Peavey authorized repair shops.

I wish you well in your career. In the mid-Michigan area, we have an electronics desert. There is almost no electronics activity inthis area, so very little hiring in the electronics industry.

Comment

Working...
              X