Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gibson GA-40 Les Paul - Amp And Tremolo Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson GA-40 Les Paul - Amp And Tremolo Fixed!

This forum was very helpful to me when repairing a Gibson GA-40 Les Paul amp. Lots of detailed help on an amp that seems to be a very rare find in the year 2011. Most of my frustrations were with the tremolo circuit but seeing others had successfully tackled this was a big help to me! Here's a link to my repair job and some sound files:

My Gibson GA-40 Page

Greg

Well cool, and it looks nice too.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Too many strings on them gittars.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Great Presentation. Thanks for posting all the photos and audio files.
        As you probably discovered when you were researching the amp there are several different versions of the GA-40 each with different cosmetics and circuits. Good job restoring this old amp to full operation.
        In case you are not aware, your second to last posted photo shows the rear panel installed upside down.
        Cheers,
        Tom

Comment

Thanks for the replies Enzo and Tom. I slapped the the back panel on for a second to snap a picture. With the back panel mounted as shown in my picture though, it is a "KILLER" amp (exposed high voltage)! Tube are truly amazing!

Greg

Comment

Working...
          X