Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey 6505+ problem

Hi everybody,

I`m the owner of the Peavey 6505+ head. It`s 2 months old and I buy it in store (NEW). I have played for 2 months on the volume (post) 2 which was just enough for our rehearsal place. But yesterday I tried just for fun to put the post on 8... and the sound become very harsh - bad. After 2 min. of playing on post 8, the fuse (F3.15A) explode. So i replace it with the new one. And all become to normal. And i tried again doing the same thing, and it was the same... when i put the post more than 3 the sound become really bad, harsh, and when i putted to 7 the fuse explodes again and i replace it again. And the tubes when i put post more than 3, makes a dark blue flame.

So plz someone, tell me whats wrong

Thx very much!

Conqueror

I think you have a bad tube. Pull the two outside tubes and try again. Then if it still does it pull the two middle tubes. Blue glow is fine
    KB

Comment

I do not know the warranty for that amp on your country. I am sure it is different from the warranty here. But it should cover a two month old amp. Take the amp back to the dealer and ask for warranty repair.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X