Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plain Enamel Question

Hello all,
    I wonder from wich maker the Plain Enamel wire that MOJO sells is.
    Do they still sell the oversized 42 AWG wire or did it change?

I think it is elctrasolla Not sure though. Call them and ask.
    Shut up and play

Peace and Tone The Rain Mann

Comment

From what some builders have said here, there's maybe only one company making PE. I don't think Elektrasola makes it, but they might sell it.

You can often get larger rolls here:

Electrical Test Equipment, Industrial Supply MRO items in BAE MAGNET WIRE store on eBay!

The Rolls there say "American Wire Corp".
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I'm pretty sure what David linked is the same as the mojo. It is a bit oversized in my experience. MWS probably sells the most consistent PE right now.

Comment

Some of the American Wire corp stuff is done here in the states. I think Electrosola is the maker for a reason. They bought out every other maker for the most part. They bought Dodge Phelps, REA and several others. As far as I know there are only 5 makers left in the world, but I could be wrong.
          Shut up and play

Comment

I thought Rea Owned Rea.
            The PE I bought last year is made by REA.
            Their WebSite shows no Indication that they are owned by anyone.

In 2006, Rea purchased the assets of the Phelps Dodge Magnet Wire Company, with plants in Fort Wayne, IN and Monterrey, Mexico. Today, Rea Magnet Wire employs over 1200 people, with seven plants located in North America and five plants located in China. It is the second-largest producer of magnet wire in the world.
            T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

I thought theye were bought out by Electrosola, MWS used to carry it but switched when the merger went through. I could have gotten some bad info but that is what i was told.
              Shut up and play

Comment

Originally posted by captcoolaid View Post
                I thought theye were bought out by Electrosola, MWS used to carry it but switched when the merger went through. I could have gotten some bad info but that is what i was told.
                History of Rea

T
                "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                Terry

Comment

Wow i should have researched a bit more. I am waiting on a reply now from them to see what is up.
                  Shut up and play

Comment

Apparently MWS Just Sells What they can get the best price on.
                    I know they have gone up on their prices.
                    Now to get the best price on the Elektrisola Wires at MWS, you have to buy on 10 Pound Rolls.
                    If you buy it on 5 lb Rolls It will cost you $10 more a Pound.
                    B_T
                    Terry

Comment

MWS only sells Elektrisola PE. Elektrisola bought out REA's "fine wire" division, but the wire they make is way different than what REA was making, its better and more consistent. Mojo's wire I think is AWC but I don't buy it and only have a roll from a couple years ago, very oversize diameter. I wonder if AWC is making wire these days as BAE Wire keeps coming up with more rolls of it, you would have to look at the date on the roll to see when it was made. MWS DOES have some old stock REA wire only in 43 gauge I think and some oddball wire that varies alot in diameters, you can ask them what they have. They will get Elektrisola to make custom batches of PE but its going to cost about $10,000 for a minimum run.
                      http://www.SDpickups.com
                      Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

I emaild Tom from Mojo....

...and asked who is the manufacturer of their Plain Enamel.
                        No response, so thanks ;-((
                        I will order from MWS then. Ooops what about Wirenetics Jim Morrison ?
                        Do they still sell wire for pickupmakers?
                        Tx all

Comment

Originally posted by PAF-Boy View Post
                          ...and asked who is the manufacturer of their Plain Enamel.
                          No response, so thanks ;-((
                          I will order from MWS then. Ooops what about Wirenetics Jim Morrison ?
                          Do they still sell wire for pickupmakers?
                          Tx all
                          I bought some 42 HFV from Mojo a couple years back and all the labels were ripped off so We don't know what kind it is!
                          They act like it is a deep dark secret.
                          Let us know what kind of price they give you at MWS on the 42 PE.
                          Terry
                          Terry

Comment

Yo

I am a bit upset about the acting of the Mojotone Tom.
                            I remember David from Mojo had alway been verry quick with reply and if he could not help he always took the time to write back, good man.

I have two spools of the Electrisola purple colored poly wire but want some real PE.

Comment

Originally posted by PAF-Boy View Post
                              I am a bit upset about the acting of the Mojotone Tom.
                              I remember David from Mojo had alway been verry quick with reply and if he could not help he always took the time to write back, good man.

I have two spools of the Electrisola purple colored poly wire but want some real PE.
                              I Priced some wire a few weeks ago from MWS.
                              If you buy wire on a 10 Lbs roll most of it was around $21 a Pound.
                              If you buy it on a 5 lb roll expect around $31 a Pound.
                              Terry
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X