Who made the Groove Tube KT-66HP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who made the Groove Tube KT-66HP?

Okay, i'm down to my last four of these. Any idea who's still making these? Russian? Thanks for any and all help!
    Attached Files

They're from Saratov, Russia. I think it's the old Sovtek-model - don't think they're made anymore.

I've found a lot of good tones in the Shuguang KT66. Buy them from a supplier that provides some sort of warrenty (always nice) and bias them by ear for the best tone. I usually end up around 65-75% idle diss.

Jake

Comment

Those GT are super tough tubes - the pair I got 15 years ago still seem to be working fine, despite ~200 gigs serving in a combo, long ago. I put them back into use 6 months ago for a JTM45 based project, expecting them to be all but dead.
      So the new russian 'gold lion / genalex' brand are a different tube?
      Genalex - Gold Lion KT66
      My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Originally posted by pdf64 View Post
        Those GT are super tough tubes - the pair I got 15 years ago still seem to be working fine, despite ~200 gigs serving in a combo, long ago. I put them back into use 6 months ago for a JTM45 based project, expecting them to be all but dead.
        So the new russian 'gold lion / genalex' brand are a different tube?
        Genalex - Gold Lion KT66
        I don't know about it being a different tube. All I can say is they sound like the heavens. Most amazing tone that I've heard on current production 6L6 compatible tubes. In fact, I have two of them in an amp that is staring at me right this minute.

Edit: I had the curiosity to check Aspen Pittman's book. greekie is right, the HP was developed by GT in partnership with Sovtek, in Saratov.
        Valvulados

Comment

Working...
        X