X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salvarsan View Post
    Need more coffee.

Misread title as "Bobbin Positron"
    That could be a heck of a marketing campaign... worlds first antimatter pickups! That beats silver wire hands down.

So sensitive they can perform a PET scan...
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
      Glad I could help.
      It doesn't take much Thickness.
      Another option is a small piece of soft steel wire, like the old baling wire.
      Something that fits snug in between the length of the magnet, and one bobbin.
      On my hybrid I put the magnet against the bobbin with the most wire, and shim the lesser bobbin.
      Good Luck,
      Terry
      I'm not quite getting this. Is the magnet touching the blade or not in the first place and then is the shim on the slug side and needs to be metal? I don't make HB's but Ive seen diagrams where there is a metal shim/spacer on one side of the magnet and a plastic one on the slug coil.

Or does the metal shim aid the magnetic distribution along the whole length of the blade when using the shim...Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X