Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The virus is back...

and I don't mean me.

I tried to sign in, and I got the same AVG virus warning I used to get last week, with the same virus mentioned before.

Happy Thanksgiving,
    ken
    www.angeltone.com

Originally posted by ken View Post
    and I don't mean me.

I tried to sign in, and I got the same AVG virus warning I used to get last week, with the same virus mentioned before.

Happy Thanksgiving,
    ken
    Ken:
    What doe it say?
    I'm not showing anything.
    I'm using fiirefox, and it seems happy.
    I've got all the blocks and warning enabled on firefox.
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Crap...

It just showed up on my screen but it disappeared before I knew you wanted to see it.

How can I save those AVG warning popups?

ken
      www.angeltone.com

Comment

I'd try the print screen key. It copies the actual screen to the clipboard which you can paste into any picture editing software and save it as graphics file.

Comment

and I don't mean me.

Happy Thanksgiving,
          ken
          First of all, stop using AVG and obtain a professional anti virus / security system. Do not use free antivirus downloaded from the internet.
          (AVG is a "bottom of the barrel" security system, which has given many users plenty of problems) Use Norton, Panda, Kaspersky, install, activate, update then scan the entire computer.
          Use the security system firewall, not the windows firewall.
          Use internet settings in control panel to erase all cookies and temporary files. Some files and cookies must be deleted manually, one at a time.
          Install Firefox, install "add on" ad-blocker from the Firefox website. It stops ads from downloading...including the crap hidden in ads.
          Set internet security in windows to erase cookies and temp files every time browser is closed.
          Set Adobe Flash to block all downloads- its in the advanced settings.

Comment

Originally posted by soundguruman View Post
            First of all, stop using AVG and obtain a professional anti virus / security system. Do not use free antivirus downloaded from the internet.
            (AVG is a "bottom of the barrel" security system, which has given many users plenty of problems) Use Norton, Panda, Kaspersky, install, activate, update then scan the entire computer.
            Use the security system firewall, not the windows firewall.
            Use internet settings in control panel to erase all cookies and temporary files. Some files and cookies must be deleted manually, one at a time.
            Install Firefox, install "add on" ad-blocker from the Firefox website. It stops ads from downloading...including the crap hidden in ads.
            Set internet security in windows to erase cookies and temp files every time browser is closed.
            Set Adobe Flash to block all downloads- its in the advanced settings.
            ... or you just get a Mac and forget 'bout all this!

BTW, I'm a PC user and I didn't have all these troubles...
            Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
            Milano, Italy

Comment

and I don't mean me.

Happy Thanksgiving,
              ken
              You probably need to Clear Your Browers Cache.
              You may have some stuff left over from before.
              You may want to download This Free Version, and run it also.
              SUPERAntiSpyware.com - Downloads
              I've been running it for a while, and I like it.
              Be sure and start it as Administrator, so it will update properly.
              Terry
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

I wish to warn that loading that (free) type of software may cause more problems than it solves.

Comment

Originally posted by soundguruman View Post
                  I wish to warn that loading that (free) type of software may cause more problems than it solves.
                  Normally, I would agree, but this is one my Large Company used that I retired from, and was deemed Safe.
                  I run it in conjunction with a 64 Bit McAfee Pro Virus Scan, and no issues.
                  It does pick up and delete Malware on a regular basis.
                  Thanks for your Concern!
                  Terry
                  Terry

Comment

I´m using Firefox (with AdAware and Google Ads Blocking activated) and Windows XP, plus Free AVG Antivirus and none of them complains.
                    They DID last week.
                    Anyway, thanks for warning.
                    PS: I´m downloading BigTeeee ´s suggestion to test.
                    Thanks for the tip.
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I still get warnings form Norton. FWIW
                      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Daver View Post
                        I still get warnings form Norton. FWIW
                        Dave
                        What does Norton Complain about?
                        What does it say it detects?
                        I've got everything enabled and nothing seems to care.
                        I have been scanning daily since this ordeal just to see what is out there.
                        My 7 OS, Sees Nothing, since Google took off the warning.
                        T
                        Terry

Comment

I'm no longer getting a warning.
                          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                            What does Norton Complain about?
                            What does it say it detects?
                            I've got everything enabled and nothing seems to care.
                            I have been scanning daily since this ordeal just to see what is out there.
                            My 7 OS, Sees Nothing, since Google took off the warning.
                            T

It tells me it has blocked Malicious Toolkit Website 9. In my Norton history it provides a URL and attacking computer IP address. I didn't get the warning when I logged on this time. It was so bad that Norton had redirected me to its own website and removed this place as my home page.
                            Dave

Comment

I just got the FireFox Warning again.
                              It show's up as a malicious site again on Google.

Safe Browsing
                              Diagnostic page for music-electronics-forum.com

What is the current listing status for music-electronics-forum.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 281 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-11-22, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-11-17.

Malicious software includes 1 scripting exploit(s), 1 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 1 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including deqhkshrm.dnset.com/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including weidlqy.compress.to/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS29933 (OFF).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, music-electronics-forum.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
                              If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Updated 6 hours ago
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X