Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nickel-silver humbucker covers 52mm (2.050)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ed Rembold View Post
    Does anyone have a source for 2 1/16 - 53mm nickel-silver covers that they know are not made of brass, not copper plated, not chrome plated
    You can't find'em... the ones Mojo sells are excellent sounding, but there are copper treated. In high quantity production enviroment, the copper treatment is mandatory, as it helps to a better looking buffed chrome or nickel plating with no visible marks. You can try their bare one, I haven't had one of those in hand yet, so I can't comment, but if they come from the same supplier as the others, it'll be very good sounding in a worst-case-scenario.

Mojo Pickup Parts » Mojotone Nickel Silver Humbucker Pickup Cover Bare 53mm (2.09'')

I also love how Mojo have treated me in all the years I've been dealing with'em, even though I'm absolutely insignificant sales-wise.

HTH,
    Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
    Milano, Italy

Comment

update 2

I think the holes in humbucker covers may be punched, not drilled.

Took the now-buggered-up HBL cover and experimented with drilling a new row of holes (across from the original row). Drilling does not "look" right.

Pepe, Terry,
      Thanks for the tips on Mojo covers, I'm just going to order the bare nickel (un-plated)
      but with holes at 53mm, and see what I can do with that.

I appreciate the help.
      Thanks, Ed R.

Comment

Working...
      X