Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscilloscope Question

Hello,
    I just acquired an RCA Dual Mode Oscilloscope. I am in need of a manual. Does anyone know
    if it is available anywhere?

Wnat is the model #?
    Is this it?
    Wondering what you do w/ a RCA dual-mode oscilloscope. Looks ... on Twitpic

Comment

Try this:
      http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/rca/
      May not have your actual model number but probably has something close.

Comment

Oscilloscope

Hello,
        Sorry about the model# it is WO-535A, Yes it is just like the one pictured. I had never seen one before
        I was not aware that it may be an antique. At any rate it is something to start with. I have been working on building a coil winder,gauss meter,impedance meter,capacitance meter,and rounding up parts to start winding.
        I never realized it would become an obsession. It also seems the more things I acquire the more I think I am going to need. I'll just carry on. Thanks for the info!!!!!!!
        Last edited by SpareRibs; 12-11-2011, 10:04 PM. Reason: Spacing

Comment

You are probably going to have to purchase one.
          http://www.agtannenbaum.com/r_cat.htm(RCA WO-535A OSCILLOSCOPE OP $20.00)
          Manuals from Tucker Electronics

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
            You are probably going to have to purchase one.
            http://www.agtannenbaum.com/r_cat.htm(RCA WO-535A OSCILLOSCOPE OP $20.00)
            Manuals from Tucker Electronics
            Thank you!!!!!!!!
            I couldn't even find a place to purchase one. I'll look at the library for a book about using the scope.
            There may even be one of the (How to do things for Dummies) books, they have them for lots of things I'll try to find their web site. Thanks again!

Comment

Not knowing what the knob setup is on this scope, I can only tell you that there are two that you will need.
              One will set the vertical height of the waveform (amplitude)
              The other will set the horizontal (time).
              Hook the probes up to a radio's speaker or something & play around with it.
              Most of the doodads on that scope you will not use (unless you will be working on TV's)

Comment

The scope you have is a basic piece of equipment that is very similar to many other basic models. You can probably learn what you need to know from on line tutorials and publications. My point is that you don't really need to have a copy of the exact operator's manual for your scope model. If you do a YouTube search for "oscilloscope" you will get lots of hits like Oscilloscope tutorial part one - YouTube

Comment

And do make sure your using a 10X probe if you plan to scope anything at HV. Once your in an amp the temptation is too great. If you don't have one, get a 10X probe before using it in a tube amp.
                  "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                  You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

You can get a free copy from the Yahoo Group "Manual_Exchange" which is a group who collect or archive manuals for older test and communications equipment.
                    Two 10x probes are the bare minimum but also try to find at least one 100x probe for high voltage, or when circuit under test might be loads by the 10meg Z of the 10x probe. 10:1 probes are usually not rated for the voltages found in guitar amps. Any lower cost 3rd party probes(less than $130) will have only 300V CATII ratings or there abouts. 1x probes are often rated at 30volts or less.

Comment

Working...
                    X