No announcement yet.

Crate Blue voo 5o pot shaft diameter..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate Blue voo 5o pot shaft diameter..

I'm missing a few knobs on an amp I have. It's a crete bluevoodoo (I know.. it's junk... )
    It has smaller diameter shafts tahn the 1/4" we're used to.
    Does anuone know what the shaft diameter is or where I can get a knob that will fit the smaller shaft that this has?

Thanks

6mm, I imagine.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Great,
      Is that a standard for lower end crate / china amps? Maybe I can just buy 1 and try it..
      Are the splines standard for these 6mm knobs?

thanks much by the way.

Comment

The plain shafts come in 1/4 inch "American" and 6mm "Metric" varieties, and you can get knobs to suit.

The splined ones also come in two slightly different sizes, which I believe are similar overall diameter to the 1/4" and 6mm plain shafts, and are sometimes called US and Metric too.

In any case the Chinese stuff ought to be metric.
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

OK,

These shafts are smaller than the standard 1/4" 6.35 mm) shafts I think I'm facing 4mm shafts on this. My mesa boogie and marshalls all have unsplined 2/4 mm shafts and the kngs are much to large. I'm going to call Crate and I'll post the results for future seekers.

Thanks

Comment

Why don't you call Loud Technologies & ask them if they have them available?
            The're in Washington state, so adjust the time difference.

Comment

I did..

I did, they do not have tech data on the knob or have any available.. they did give me a part number that yeild no results via search and a phone number to service supplier that has none available either..
              I do not care if they are stock knobs.. I just want a matching set that will work on the smaller shafts.
              Radio shak here I come.. yeah... 2.50 a knob and I need 11 of em' Not a chance I'll be doing that

Comment

So MEASURE them.

I have a couple cheap plastic micrometer calipers next to me all the time, and I use them daily. WHat diameter is this cable, what size is that pot? How tall is this tactile switch? ANd what size is this shaft.

Harbor Freight sells one for $3 or less. Other places too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_17953.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	823954

Here is the product page
                6" Utility Caliper

The little pots Crate has used for years and years have shafts about in the 4.5mm or 3/16" range.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks a bunch!!

3/16 seems to be correct as I useda drill bit on a standard knob and it fit about correctly.. Thanks for the lower end gauge Idea BTW.. I'll grab one for certain. !

Comment

Not to highjack your thread but I need a 20KRA- 20K ohm reverse audio taper pot for the presence control on my BV120h. The shaft pulled out when I removed the knob, when I went press it back together it exploded.

10mm shaft length, 4 width.

I can't find a 20K ohm reverse audio taper anywhere- and most pots don't fit the diameters used in the amp. Timgman did you have any luck finding the pots you needed?

Thanks.

Comment

No, I have not. I may need to go aftermarket.. even then it's tough

Comment

Mouser has some, Tayday has a limited selection as well. If I can find a 20KRA pot then I will enlarge the chassis just to make it fit. Damn thing is impossible to find.

Comment

Is there a part number on the back of the pot? Does Loud Technologies still have them?
                          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo,

They had it in stock and will be shipped. Excellent service over the phone.

I ordered off the part number from the pot and the one in the component list as they did not match. I also ordered the foot switch jack as the contact were bad and it wouldn't switch channels from the head.

I had used the diagram and component list you had provided a while back(found during google search) to chase down the gremlins in this amp.

Thanks!

Comment

Dear tmigman.
                              Thanks God you neednīt defensively state :
                              (I know.. it's junk... )
                              here, this is a serious Forum which will try to help you, period.
                              No cork sniffers here to tell you "junk it and buy a $14000 Dumble instead" or similar cr*p.
                              You have what you have.
                              Mind you, we *do* have one (1) "Crate hater" here, but heīs kind of harmless.
                              Donīt pay much attention to him.
                              Good luck.
                              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                              X