Speaker Wiring with Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker Wiring with Harness

This is my LAST post about my Super Reverb (woohoo!). I just checked my fed ex, and UPS shipping updates and my new cabinet and speakers will be here tomorrow. I know this is a pretty easy question, and I could probably figure it out but I wanted to ask people I trust. How do I wire the speakers up? It is a 4x10 Super Reverb set up, and I also ordered an F cap harness. What wires go where etc? I found a bit of info online but nothing I felt was solid. I do not know the difference between series, parallel etc etc so I was hoping for a pretty straight forward answer. I know this is a noob question and you pro's are probably shaking your head, but I really appreciate the help. I found this link:Shavano Music Online - Speaker Wiring/Loading Examples but I was not sure which exactly I would use or if it was accurate... "4 speakers-Parallel wiring; In phase"?
    Happiness. Only real when shared.

What speakers did you get? Are they 8 ohm speakers?

Comment

I do not know the difference between series, parallel etc etc so I was hoping for a pretty straight forward answer.
      Ok, go and learn it.
      Then youŽll be able to answer that yourself.
      ThereŽs no other way
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Yes, 4 8 ohm 10's
        Happiness. Only real when shared.

Comment

Here's something that may help (from the Weber VST web site). You want the 4 8ohm speakers in parallel for a 2 ohm load.
          Attached Files
          "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
          - Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
          X