Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some EQ circuit for for shaping a hot single coil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some EQ circuit for for shaping a hot single coil?

Hi i have wound a single coil pickup for my strat with 8800 turns and it sound hot. I want to know if is posible to build some active circuit to "shape" the sound of this pickup like an "eq circuit" incresing and decresing certain frequencies not only boosting. I have less knowledge in electronics.

Thanks a lot

Regards.

Juan Motta

Amazon.com: Electronic Projects for Musicians (9780825695025): Craig Anderton: Books
    This book has some cool active tone circuits and filters, I have built them into guitars before.
    I think it's a pretty cool book for starters.

Comment

Thanks, i´m going to find this book!!!

Regards

Juan Motta

Comment

Originally posted by cenizasblancas View Post
        Thanks, i´m going to find this book!!!

Regards

Juan Motta
        If you notice some of the part numbers in the book are old numbers. However these can easily be substituted, look it up in the NTE cross reference guide. ALL the parts to build these projects are still easy to buy and use. "OP AMPS" are universal, you can easily use one in place of another, as long as it is connected correctly.
        I have built these projects and installed them INSIDE the guitar. The parametric preamp is the coolest. It has a variable notch filter, band pass filter, with adjustable frequency. You can get all kinds of wild tone variations, from screeching treble to wha-wha.
        The coolest guitar player's project book, for beginners.
        HOWEVER, you need to understand that a HUMBUCKING pickup is probably the best choice for use with effects, because you will get less noise. You can take out the single coil and install a humbucker, if the noise of the single coil is bothering you.

Comment

Originally posted by soundguruman View Post
          "OP AMPS" are universal, you can easily use one in place of another, as long as it is connected correctly.
          Not all op amps have the same pinout, so you have to verify that they are the same. A large number of them to use the same pinouts however. Also some op amps require external compensation, which is done with caps and resistors. Most are internally compensated.

Also, no need for quotes, op amp is short for operational amplifier.
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
          X