Weak amplifier Dinosaur Bass Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weak amplifier Dinosaur Bass Amp

I have a Dinosaur Bass amp I have acquired. It is a 100 watt SS throught a 1-15 amplifier. I have played through one before and it was plenty strong. This one sounds fine, but is very week. It would hardly compete with a 15 watt bedroom amp for volume. Any suggestions as to what to look for in repair.

Welcome to the place. I don't know any of the features of your amp, so I can only offer up some general thoughts.

If it has an FX loop or preamp out power amp in set of break jacks, try plugging in a spare cable from in to out and see if that helps. If the amp has a headphone jack, does it shut off the speaker when it is used? If it does, try cleaning the jack. Did you try a different speaker with the amp? Try giving the amp a good Enzo whack with your fist. Does mechanical vibration have any effect?

Comment

If it has a headphones jack, plug something in and out of that a couple times. ANy help?

And if it has an External Speaker jack, plug something i and out of that a couple times. ANy help?
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Try speaker with other amp, and try the amp with other speaker (watch for speaker's max power limit). If it has effects loop, plug in and out a plug (d'oh!) many times. If it still doesn't work, you'll have to take its PCB out and look for broken solder places, f.e, input jacks... also check for bad filter caps or burnt resistors.

Comment

Working...
        X