6L6 Groove tube filiament solder issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6L6 Groove tube filiament solder issue

Just wondering if anyone else has recently experienced the 6L6GC Groove tubes with bad filiament soldering on the tube pins?

I've had a few like this recently. I have to think that any of the pins could have bad solders, but the filiaments seem to be the most obvious. Could drive ya nutz if it were the screen grid or esp the control grid...glen

Which 6L6 are they using for this? I tend not to buy Groove, since I can mostly buy the same tubes without their name on them for about a third less.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I've seen Chinese valves from the mid 90's with this flaw. (only used em once) Same S**t, different decade.

Comment

It can happen to any brand
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well ya know how it is...all that pretty red paint...does something to a player...I used to say the same thing about the Fram filters....they're real junk, but how pretty is that orange paint!

I don't know if it's jsut that there are more groove tubes used, but I see more shorted ones & failures than jsut about any other brand.
          I have decided that it is really the testing & QC process that makes or breaks the particular brand name...
          JJ does pretty good & I have all kinds of good experience with the Mesa's. g

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            It can happen to any brand
            Absolutely!I had a nice looking clean,NOS pair of RCA 7027A's I put in my tester,the first one tested fine,when I pulled the tube out of the tester socket,the tube came right out of the base which stayed in the socket.Had to resolder all the pins.

Comment

Working...
            X