P 90 dog ears with a flat base plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P 90 dog ears with a flat base plate?

Hi, i'm new to this forum and i just scored this set of p 90s for $75 and i started looking at them and i noticed that they didn't have thte dimples on the base i am almost 100% shure that they're gibson p 90's but i 'm just curious about the base plates and also if any one could give me a time perion on them that would be great and much appreciated too.
    heres the ebay link

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

thanks for reading,
    matt

Originally posted by mattbarszcz95 View Post
    ... i am almost 100% sure that they're gibson p 90's but i 'm just curious about the base plates ...
    I looked at the eBay photos and they do not look like Gibson made pickups to me. I've never seen a Gibson base plate from that era that had an insulated solder terminal on it. The orange fiber board insulator suggests to me that they are from the Far East. The photos didn't show the coils themselves so I really can't tell what they are, but they do not look like they are Gibson made.

And careful review of the listing shows that the seller never said that they were Gibson P-90's.

Comment

i see your point, but i also looked these up before i bought them and i actually found a post on this forum NOTE i think that thread was deleted since i have not been able to find it recently. but it was somebody asking the same question about the base plates and some of the replys said that they were from a gibson lap steel from the mid 50's

and as far as i knew nobody started knocking off p 90s until recently

Comment

50's lap steel pickup? I guess that is possible, but the ones that I remember had wider than normal pole spacing due to the positioning of the pickups near the bridge. How are the poles spaced on your pickups, do they match a "normal" P-90 spacing?

Comment

Working...
        X