Dual rail single coil pickup covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual rail single coil pickup covers

I'm after sourcing some single coil dual rail pickup covers like this...

anyone here seen such cover on your parts sourcing travels?

Any top tips (I'd considered buying blank 'no holes ' single coil pickup cover & cutting slots, but these covers typically melt & can't be machined)....all ideas warmly received!
    Last edited by peskywinnets; 05-07-2012, 09:46 PM.

At the risk of talking to myself (but hey at least I get to chat with someone I admire greatly!), I've found some...

DiMarzio DM2002BK PU Covers - Thomann UK Cyberstore

...but £15 +P&P for 3 pickup covers is frankly taking the p1ss.

I'm heartened by the fact that they'er selling them must mean they're sourceable!

I need at least one hundred of these for starters in black & in white

Comment

Oi Pesky

15 euros before you get too hot under the collar, still a bit stiff but try making them yourself for less including your time. If you need a hundred might be worthwhile getting some normal closed covers and having them lazer cut.

Cheers
      Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by the great waldo View Post
        Oi Pesky

15 euros before you get too hot under the collar, still a bit stiff but try making them yourself for less including your time. If you need a hundred might be worthwhile getting some normal closed covers and having them lazer cut.

Cheers
        Andrew
        Yeah 15 euros ......I clearly got carried away with "Sheesh"...but still ...for a plastic 5p item!

Granted about making them myself...but that was never the plan, I found someone stateside that sells them for about £2.20 each ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DiMarzio-R...item20b67687e7 ) & have since emailed him asking how much to post to the UK...hard to get excited as USA sellers often seem to think this is an open invation to initiate me into unlubricated back door love.

I'm doing the maths here...how much for an injection mould - $3,000? ....you sell a couple of hundred sets & it's paid for itself...then kerching for the rest of your life.....a fine heir loom to pass onto my kids.

"Sheesh 15 euros for an item costing 5p" v (sorry, couldn't help myself)

Comment

Working...
        X