Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stimer ST48 specs

Hi,

I have a Stimer ST 48 pickup that needs a rewind job.
    Do any of you have by chance the original specs for these (DCR and/or nb of turns)?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Yves.
    www.bourvonaudiodesign.fr

Originally posted by Yves View Post
    Hi,

I have a Stimer ST 48 pickup that needs a rewind job.
    Do any of you have by chance the original specs for these (DCR and/or nb of turns)?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Yves.
    Never heard of it.

Can you post some pics?

EDIT: never mind, I've found it. I keep forgetting that Google is my friend...

Man, those cost a fortune! Are they worth it?
    Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
    Milano, Italy

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
      Never heard of it.

Can you post some pics?

EDIT: never mind, I've found it. I keep forgetting that Google is my friend...
      These are french pickups, 48 being the year it started being made if my info is right.

For WIW, here are some pics (with internal view, actually this is an air coil under the paper).
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Simer.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	825061Click image for larger version

Name:	Stimer_inside.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	825062

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post

Man, those cost a fortune! Are they worth it?
      Regarding the price, You may have come accross the Dupont reissue (he is a luthier making some reissue, I've dropped him an email to get the specs, I don't know him, I'll see if he is willing to share this info).

I can't tell if they are worth the price since this one is out of order, but I think they are quite liked amongst manouche players willing to have a magnetic pickup and looking after Django's sound.

Yves

Comment

Originally posted by Yves View Post
        These are french pickups, 48 being the year it started being made if my info is right.

For WIW, here are some pics (with internal view, actually this is an air coil under the paper).
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]18598[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18599[/ATTACH]

Regarding the price, You may have come accross the Dupont reissue (he is a luthier making some reissue, I've dropped him an email to get the specs, I don't know him, I'll see if he is willing to share this info).

I can't tell if they are worth the price since this one is out of order, but I think they are quite liked amongst manouche players willing to have a magnetic pickup and looking after Django's sound.

Yves
        Thanks for sharing
        A few more pics would be cool when you dig into it to rewind ...........
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
          Thanks for sharing
          A few more pics would be cool when you dig into it to rewind ...........
          I've posted a few pics here:
          Réparation micro Stimer® ST 48 | Facebook

And will add some more with text (sorry in french ;-)) on my blog ... when I find the time to do so.

Yves.

Comment

Working...
          X