Where can I get this 8 pin socket + connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get this 8 pin socket + connector

I'm working on a Mesa 2:100 power amp. Customer fried the PT to PCB 8 pin connector (single row, 30mm wide). Well, half was fried, so he cut half the connector off and soldered 4 wires directly onto the 8 pin socket. After he used the amp like that for a few min. the main fuse blew.
    I did a prelim. teste of the PT (Ohmmeter) and it checked ok. I need to replace this 8 pin connector (female) plus the socket (male) which is soldered into PCB. I looked online and could not locate the exact one I need. Does anyone know where to get it?

Here is a photo of the 8 pin socket and the customer's solder job. He melted half the socket in the process.

Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-29 16.03.30.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	865433
    "Tubes are less likely than semiconductor devices to be destroyed by the electromagnetic pulse produced by nuclear explosions and geomagnetic storms produced by giant solar flares."

Originally posted by kka View Post
    I'm working on a Mesa 2:100 power amp. Customer fried the PT to PCB 8 pin connector (single row, 30mm wide). Well, half was fried, so he cut half the connector off and soldered 4 wires directly onto the 8 pin socket. After he used the amp like that for a few min. the main fuse blew.
    I did a prelim. teste of the PT (Ohmmeter) and it checked ok. I need to replace this 8 pin connector (female) plus the socket (male) which is soldered into PCB. I looked online and could not locate the exact one I need. Does anyone know where to get it?

Here is a photo of the 8 pin socket and the customer's solder job. He melted half the socket in the process.

Thank you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18638[/ATTACH]
    Have you tried Mesa Parts Dept? I probably would just remove the connector completely and hardwire the wire dress directly to the board if possible.

Comment

I agree, just eliminate the connector and hardwire it. If it blew a fuse after a minute, it wasn;t because it was wired. Might be because it is wired incorrectly though. Or it might also be that the connector burnt up because of a problem in the circuit. That problem may still exist.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X