BFG microphone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFG microphone?

This may not be the right place to ask about microphones but does anyone know what microphone Billy F. Gibbons is singing into in this image?
    Attached Files
    ... That's $1.00 for the chalk mark and $49,999.00 for knowing where to put it!

Turner model 44x
    http://www.k6sgh.com/astatics.htm

Comment

soundguruman is almost right on about this mic but I have researched things a bit more and I believe it to be a much more modern Heil "The Fin" dynamic microphone. The Turner had a red screen where the Heil has a blue screen like in this image. Both have virtually the same case but the Turner is about 70 years older than the Heil.

Comment

I just noticed something peculiar about that picture... Don't he have the mic the wrong way around? :-o

Comment

no, it is facing correctly.

Comment

Well, *of course* the mic is facing backwards ... relative to Billy Gibbons, that is.
            In fact he's not singing into it, the picture was taken at the Heil Sound Booth at NAMM or whatever and Billy just happened to be in that position when the pic was taken.
            Bu he's not *singing* into it.
            Not to mention that he's over a foot behind it.
            Don't let Mr "Everybody is wrong but me" confuse you.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	DV016_Jpg_Large_272223.004_blue_R.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	825182

To check about that cool looking mic:
            Heil Sound The Fin Dynamic Microphone | Musician's Friend

or straight to the origin:
            http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...XM17zm2t4dHtEg
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...