No announcement yet.

Behringer DDX3216 LCD replacement Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check C-1 C-2 C-6 C-7 C-8 and see if they are 16 volt caps they are suppose to be 35 volt caps, mine were 16 volt, then check the other 5 caps, half of mine were bad,replaced all the caps on mine.

Comment

Update Plz?

Originally posted by bwilds View Post
      I have the same problem with the display fading out slowly, I checked the the resistors on the back of the lcd board and found R8 bad suppose to be 127K and reads 453K and R7 which is in series with R8 is a 22K resistor and it is ok, I have ordered the parts and will replace and let everyone know if that fixes it. I also have a bad ANAout01 board which has 2 of the 846 transistors bad and 2 of the 60 ohm resistors and a couple of the 4580L IC chips that are bad. All of the parts are very cheap to replace.. hope this will be of some help for the people with the LCD display problems.
      I have the same display problem with my DDX3216...Display starts up for a second, then drops to a barely viewable screen....
      Just wondering if your fix worked...

Thanks for any help!

Comment

Many Thanks! I hope and I'm sure this will help a lot! Would you have a complete schematic of the LCD portion? Mine has an incomplete diagram so I can't establish the missing ones. Thanks again!
        Last edited by efxmla; 06-08-2015, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Hey all,

I'm having the same problem. The LCD barely shows anything. I can get it to show a complete black screen with proper contrast and everything, but when connected properly it barely shows anything.

Replaced all of the capacitors on the LCD board, but that didn't help

I found this page: PLZILandia v5.0 - DDX3216 but suprise, suprise, the one PDF that I need is the one that is incomplete on it...does anyone by chance have a complete version of it?

Any suggestions as to what I can do with this? I really wanna fix this and use it!

Thanks in advance!

Comment

I think that is a common problem with the schematic. A portion is missing. All capacitors and resistors have been replaced but to no avail. I am now trying to convert to another screen. If I will be successful, I will let you know because I have 3 units of the same problem. Meanwhile, we will keep on trying!

Comment

Hi All. I have the same problem with the DDX3216 screen. It lights up, but cant see anything on it. I don't know enough about electronics to attempt a repair, so, could someone recommend an engineer to repair it please, preferably in Essex, UK. Thanks.

Comment

ddx3216 / display

easy fix. take out the display board, locate SCI7654 voltage converter and replace ALL caps near it.
                caution: use 10µ / 25 V type as specified.

Comment

Is this the issue experienced (or similar)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48NUk1Lw2sI

Comment

sorry to disappoint, I experienced exactly the contrary, display fading out until unrecognizable. however, check this inverter stage. I am tempted to see a thermal problem, since in the video the display works for at least a few seconds.

Comment

Something like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2188.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	849127

Comment

that looks as if the display itself would have a problem with the ribbon connectors. you will need to open the lcd shell and check the contacts and if necessary clean them. tricky job, though.

Comment

@mike777 - thanks. Will give it a go because the desk means nothing at this stage. Any pointers?

Comment

Working...
                          X