Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall dual gang pot where can I find this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall dual gang pot where can I find this?

This amp is marshall 3315. The pot it needs is the "GAIN" pot, a dual gang C100k. Tried 'Parts is Parts', they say they aren't doing marshalls anymore. Tried CE and then to US Music and the guy that might be able to help me is out for the week so I thought I might try here.
    There are some on ebay but they are in china and will take the usual 3 to 4 weeks to get here.
    Anyone have a source for one of these?
    Thanks

Pictures, dimensions. Is this maybe an ALpha 12mm square? 16mm round? Is it ganged, meaning two pot elements one behind the other? Or is it on one wafer with two sets of stripes, as in 5 or 6 pins in a row?

How about these that Mouser has in 100k:
    http://www.bourns.com/pdfs/PTV142.pdf
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Pictures, dimensions. Is this maybe an ALpha 12mm square? 16mm round? Is it ganged, meaning two pot elements one behind the other? Or is it on one wafer with two sets of stripes, as in 5 or 6 pins in a row?

How about these that Mouser has in 100k:
      http://www.bourns.com/pdfs/PTV142.pdf
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

oh yes the details, sorry. It's a PCB mounted , 16mm, with a long kurled shaft. The body is one with 2 wafers.
        I will try to dig up a picture.

Comment

This is one with the short shaft, which would work but the long is the original.
          Attached Files

Comment

So more like this:
            RK16312A0BKH ALPS | Mouser

Comment

Ah, simulposts again...

Comment

This one might work. I'd like to be able to use the proper knob. Do they have C100K?
                Enzo, maybe you can answer this question, I put a dual gang pot in but it is a W100K. It works but the gain pot it is used for is in the normal channel of the 3315 and when I turn it all the way up the amp gets very loud but there is no 'distortion' , it's clean. Not having ever worked on one of these I still think it should be breaking up quite a bit.
                My question what is this pot I put in with the 'W' ? why doesn't it work?
                Attached Files

Comment

100k is 100k, and all the way up is all the way up. The difference between tapers is comparing what each does at half way up.

I don't know offhand what W taper is, look on the manufacturers catalog. But you could measure its resistance in a few settings and determin that. Your 100k value matters since it is in the feedback loops of two op amps, and thus is involved in setting their gains.

From Antique Electronic Supply LLC do any of these look like they'd fit? You can remove unwanted side brackets.
                  R-VPV-100KX2-RA

Comment

I have the " R-VPV-100KX2-RA " on order but I don't think the shaft diameter is wide enough for the knob.

Comment

Working...
                    X