shielded wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shielded wire?

who do you guys use for shielded cable (for high gain amps between stages...)

looking for something small and flexible (hot+shield)-cant find any at Mouser.

You can go to Raido Shack & just buy a jumper wire that has mini RCA jacks or phone jacks on the ends & then just cut them off. There are usually 3 or 4 to choose from, some have a thicker center wire than others.
    I have a bunch of sheilded wire that came with old reverb amps that I have bought to utilize the transformers, the wire that goes from the tank to the amp, I have bundles of it. If you really need a peice E-mail me & Ill send you some. "Only for another Mopar guy" . How long does it take you to get your headers out? Ha-Ha

JOE
    Resistors not Transistors !

Comment

what size is the wire? im looking for some fairly small stuff...

i have fenderwell Hookers in the car--should take about 10 minutes to lift one out..

Comment

You need to be very careful on the capacitance of shielded wire. Some can have as much as several pF per foot which can alter the tone of the amp. Go to apex jr and get the stuff he sells, very low capacitance and easy to work with.

http://apexjr.com/

Comment

I use GG-174 mimi coax from www.jameco.com

Comment

or give Willie at NBS Electronics a shout....

Comment

Working...
            X