Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neo Sidewinder

Here we go again...
    After reading some patent files (link found from this forum, thanks againof a neodymium bass pickup with adjustable rows of poles I made a sidewinder with neodymium magnets. I found bobbins that have just the right space for three 5mmx5mmx25mm N35 neo blocks. I made acrylic spacers on both side of the magnet to reduce the magnetic force on the blade. Wound 5500 rounds of 42AWG (5,25kOhm) on each bobbin. First part is with two 0,5mm transformer core blades, second part has one 0,5mm blade on outside edges of the coils too. I don't hear big difference but I like it more with just the center blade. This pickup fits just fine in an EMG40 cover. Maihinnousu - Lataa - MPU - Neosidewinder There is something weird playing in the very end of the clip, I don't know how it got there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3433.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	866818

Originally posted by Marko Ursin View Post
    After reading some patent files (link found from this forum, thanks againof a neodymium bass pickup with adjustable rows of poles
    <cough>qtuner<cough>

Sounds good.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
      <cough>qtuner<cough>
      You said it, I didn't
      Man those neo blocks are strong! They jumped all over the table when mounting them in the bobbins. I like the sound too, especially with the center blade.
      Marko

Comment

The neos break easily too! They are certainly tricky to work with.

You can see why those transparent pickups have to be a lot of work to make. There are no bobbins, and he has to keep the magnets in place! They must be made in multiple stages of epoxy casting.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
        X