Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mojotone USA humbucker baseplates

Hi ALL
    Does anyone have any info on these new baseplates Mojotone Premium American Made Vintage Humbucker Frame Long Legs 49.2mm (1.94")
    ie. are the screw side holes threaded ?

Cheers

Andrew

I ordered two when I saw them yesterday. I couldn't tell from the photo they have up about the threaded holes. They do look like they might be slightly smaller holes, either way.

When I get them, I'll post some better photos.

Comment

Looking at the pictures I would say that they are not threaded holes. Pls let us know when you get them

Comment

The frame information has been updated. There is now a drawing of it on the page also. These frames have a smaller polepiece hole that will need to be threaded to accommodate the poles. The height adjustment holes are standard and are pre-threaded. Please let me know if you have any additional requests for info or questions.
        Mojotone Premium American Made Vintage Humbucker Frame Long Legs 49.2mm (1.94")

Comment

Thanks, Tom! That's awesome. Looking forward to getting mine and checking them out in action.

I'm still happy to post some additional photos for the forum, if desired.

Comment

Hi Tom

Thanks very much for the update, great idea leaving the holes smaller we can tap them out to our hearts desire. Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Andrew
            Originally posted by tomatmojotone View Post
            The frame information has been updated. There is now a drawing of it on the page also. These frames have a smaller polepiece hole that will need to be threaded to accommodate the poles. The height adjustment holes are standard and are pre-threaded. Please let me know if you have any additional requests for info or questions.
            Mojotone Premium American Made Vintage Humbucker Frame Long Legs 49.2mm (1.94")

Comment

Thanks Tom! Looking forward to drilling them out for either 49.2mm or 50mm

Comment

"out for delivery"

Comment

I look forward to trying them out!

Comment

As promised:

Comment

..and...

Comment

Did they come that scratched up?
                        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

It doesn't bother me any as I will be building vintage style pickups with them but, to answer your question, yes. They came right out of the packaging and onto my bench for the photos as soon as they arrived.

I haven't built anything with them yet but will use them on my next personal set to demo them. ...but it might be a while. Lots of projects and personal builds are last on the list. :/

Comment

Originally posted by ReWind View Post
                            It doesn't bother me any as I will be building vintage style pickups with them ...
                            You mean you are making replicas of old pickups. Vintage pickups have nothing to do with scratches.
                            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                              Did they come that scratched up?
                              HAHa ,they usually come thrown in a clear bag ,Im ok with scratches in plates ,not covers
                              "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Working...
                              X