Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18-watt Denogginizer

Hi All,

I am tweaking a high-gain amp that I just built. The result is an 18-watt amp that I call the Denogginizer. I am still fine-tuning the preamp and adding power scaling, but so far I am pleased. It is powered by 2 EL84s and 3 12AX7s.

Thanks to Randy Fay from Phaez Amplification, who provided lots of parts as well as a custom schematic.

One of many photos:

The switch by the input is the 'Denogginizer' swich. Down is 'Lure', and up is 'Lop'.

Here is a quick-n-dirty sound byte of the amp in 'Lop' mode. The gain was half way up, while the MV was very low.
    HG18 - Lop 1 shure mic'd by v2-jmcd on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Here's a poorly recorded sound byte of the amp in 'Lure' mode (using the built-in mic on my computer, oops):
    HG18 - no boost 2 by v2-jmcd on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
    Last edited by stormbringer; 10-22-2012, 01:58 PM.

thats rich man! el34s?

Comment

Originally posted by kingswayguitar View Post
      thats rich man! el34s?
      Thanks!
      It has a pair of EL84s in the power amp.

Comment

I like that one preamp tube right next to the input jack.
        WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
        REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Cool. Can we see the guts?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenmachine View Post
            Cool. Can we see the guts?
            It's always changing, but this is pretty recent:

Comment

Working...
            X