Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey PV8.5C AC (mains input) board wiring

Dear everyone,

I need some help with wiring this power amplifier. I burned it out some time ago, and had to replace pretty much the whole output stage.to get clean access to that, i had to disassemble the mains input board, and I did a grave mistake of not photographing it. So, long story short, I have no idea how to connect it again. :/

AC board is a PCB with one large resistor, one capacitor, one fuse, and a lot of spade connectors. Things that need to be connected to the AC board: main transformer, power switch, circuit breaker, ventilator (230 VAC), and, of course, two mains input wires. I am attaching the service manual, with the schematic and layout of the AC board shown on pages 7 and 8.

I tried to connect this a few times on my own, but with no success. Most of the times I just couldn't get anything working. once, I managed to turn only the ventilator on, once only the amplifier, and once i burned out some of the transistors in the amplifier. So now I'm asking if anyone with a bit more experience and knowledge can help me connect this the way it's meant to be connected.

Thanks in advance.
    Regards, Z.
    Attached Files

You have to identify the power transformers windings.
    The schematic does not indicate this!
    If you cannot identify the primary side from the secondary, take it to a tech that can.
    Once that is sorted out, the schematic must be followed for the 220V wiring.

Comment

I have identified the transformer windings, but I'm having trouble figuring out where on the mains input board should i plug the primary winding. As far as I can see, there is nothing in the schematics what could tell me how I should connect that stuff. So basically, I now have a completely unplugged AC board, a power switch, a circuit breaker, a ventilator, and a power transformer primary winding, each of them identified, and I have no idea where on the AC board should I plug everything.

Comment

Try contacting tech support at Peavey.
        If they have any documentation they will provide it.
        I see nothing on the schematic that indicates precisely what you need to know.
        Without the unit in front of me it is rather confusing to say the least.

Comment

I responded to this at the PV forum. You need a mains wiring diagram (different from a schematic). The schematic sets for this series of amp do not include mains wiring.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X