Looking for 1/2 inch washers for switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 1/2 inch washers for switch

I want to replace the On/Off thingy on a toggle switch with a normal oval washer but I'll be durned if I can find them anywhere. Any suggestions? I don't mind buying a bag of them.

Thanks

Regis
    Attached Files
    Stop by my web page!

Go to Mouser, enter "toggle switch washer" into search.

Here is one sample page, scroll down to sizes you want. They even have the On/Off plates if you change your mind.
    http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/26/Hardwa...ries-15161.pdf
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks Enzo but I don't think any of those will work. These switches I'm using are generic toggles that are 1/2 inch, not 15/32".

I also was hoping to get something without the anti rotation nub. Just a simple brass washer with 1/2 inch ID.
      Stop by my web page!

Comment

Well, to me that is odd. I just checked my switch drawer, and all the generic full size toggles measure less than half an inch, they all measure 15/32. I do drill a half-inch hole for them in a panel.

Unless you are doing a bunch, if I didn;t want the locator projection, I'd Dremel it off.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Washers

Hello,
          I know it may sound dumb but I find a lot of stuff at the True Value Hardware that is pretty much just common stuff until guitar comes into the conversation. They have a lot of drawers full of stuff that cost $2.00 ea. plus postage if you buy 10 or more from Stewart McDonalds. They have chrome, brass, and even stainless of a lot of things. The best thing I found was the brass inserts for stripped neck screw holes at 79 cents each. I recall a kit being advertised for an ungodly sum and was amazed to find them as a very common item.
          Hope that helps
          Last edited by SpareRibs; 01-15-2013, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X