Blues Jr power tubes not lighting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues Jr power tubes not lighting up

I don't get this. I checked and theres no break in the heater rail and the voltage is there yet the preamp tubes light up and the EL84's don't. I even tried new EL84's with no lock. I know these tend to burn thier copper traces on the PA boards but they are fine. I visually checked, checked with a meter, and checked voltage. how the heck is this possible? Actually it just hit me i never checked the tube pins and i know they are garbage on these amps. So I will re-tension them when i get back to it, but till then if anyone has any other ideas i may need them. (a tad unlikely even on these that both socket's pins for the heaters are bad)

The amp does not function, I take it?

Comment

Originally posted by MWJB View Post
      The amp does not function, I take it?
      No, the power tube heaters aren't on so It's dead quiet, not even hiss, nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
        No, the power tube heaters aren't on so It's dead quiet, not even hiss, nothing.
        Got it. Odd....tube pins were fine as far as tension, that fixed nothing. What did was deoxit. That stuff is of course great, but i've never seen a situation where both power tubes wouldn't light because of dirty pin contact when the preamps were all fine. The fact that this caused the heaters not to work means probably all or most all pins must have been making no contact. Weird. anyways, done...

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
          Got it. Odd....tube pins were fine as far as tension, that fixed nothing. What did was deoxit. That stuff is of course great, but i've never seen a situation where both power tubes wouldn't light because of dirty pin contact when the preamps were all fine. The fact that this caused the heaters not to work means probably all or most all pins must have been making no contact. Weird. anyways, done...
          What color plastic are the sockets made from brown or black? Some of the black ones were a problem due to some manufacturing error.

Comment

Working...
          X