Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for some parts for a Samson amp that Samson apparently no longer has...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for some parts for a Samson amp that Samson apparently no longer has...

These are for an SZ1120, which is a 120-watt 70-volt commercial power amp. I need the following parts:

First is a relay, the number on the part is VKP31H42.

Next is a transistor, which is numbered C3195.

Last, I need a Zener diode, which has the number U224BM.

If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it. Our local parts supplier doesn't have them, and I didn't see them in a quick search of a couple online places, either, although I didn't spend a ton of time on it. I'm just trying to help the guy who does tech for my shop out and round up some parts for him while he's recuperating from the flu and from getting a couple injections in his spine because he has been having back trouble, and this is the list of parts he sent me via email. I called Samson and talked to a tech, and they only have a few parts left for this amp, but they don't have what I need....

First, did they have the schematic to send you? That is what you really need.

The parts are all generic. The relay is a general purpose automotive type from P&B/Tyco. Unfortunately it is an obsolete type. But here is a data sheet that covers it.
    http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/418/NG_DS...1_C-166268.pdf

As far as I can see, it is a 24v relay, single contact. I would start with other tyco/P&B relays, and would not be surprised to find one with the same footprint. But if not, we can dead-bug it. Find a 24v relay that works electrically, glue it down to the board or chassis upside down, solder wires to its leads, and wire it back to the circuit board.

I don't find 2SC3195, but it appears to be a small transistor. What does it do in the circuit? I mean if it turns the relay off an on, we can use just about anything. If it is a signal transistor, we can probably fudge something perfectly well. here is a data sheet:
    http://www.paco-electronics.com/pdf/2SC3195.pdf

What does the zener do? What size does it look like, 1/2w? 1w? Does the schematic call the voltage? Is that number off the part or the drawing?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hey Enzo, thanks for your reply. I have a copy of the schematic on my work computer at the shop, I will see if it shows the voltages. I don't have the amp at the shop at the moment, as I took it over to the tech's house since he was sick, he has been working on it from his house...LOL. He will be able to tell me what the parts do in the circuit, too, I'm sure. I'll let you know after I get to the shop in the morning.

I wish I personally understood more than what I do about this stuff, I find it interesting, and can do some very basic stuff, but also being a woodwind and brass tech, I just don't have the time to put in to learning in-depth how to do this too, although it seems I learn something new about it every time I help our tech guy out. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X