Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clips

We all know alligator clips - the common clips at the end of test leads. A center pivot, you squeeze together one side of the pivot to open the other side.

There was another kind, where the pivot was at the rear. You squeezed the center together, and the two parts actually crossed over each other, so the top part on the squeeze area wound up as the bottom jaw and vice versa. We always called those crocodile clips.

But now looking it up, I see crocodile as just another word for alligator clip. No differentiation.

Does anyone else make this distinction? Does anyone even know what type clips I am describing? I am looking for an image.

Here is the basic format, those thes have short snouts. The ones I am thining of have longer snouts.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1475_primary.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	867124
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Maybe this?
    BU-27C - MUELLER ELECTRIC - TEST CLIP, 16mm, 40A | Newark
    A 'Pee Wee' test clip?

Comment

Here is the longer one.
      Link: https://www.forneyind.com/store/deta...1-pair_carded/

Comment

Yes, that last is what I always called a crocodile clip.

I was mainly wondering if anyone else used the different terms for each style, or if you just call all of them alligator clips.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The first image is what we call Battery Clips with the jaws for clamping to rods or battery terminals and anything with long narrow jaws were called Alligator Clips. Other animal named connectors are Vampire Clips that bite into insulated wires for temporary connections.

Comment

From now on I am going to call them 'Pee wee' clips."

Comment

I hope we're not going to get into a discussion on their tone, are we?
              Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Working...
              X