Help with reverb connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with reverb connector

This connector is out of a reverb tank for a Fender Hot Rod Deville. It has a broken wire. Can i get the broken piece out of this connector pr do i have to replace it.

What is the name if this type if connector?

The attachmnet does not work.
    Sometimes the center pin is simply a solder connection with the wire running down the tube.
    If that is the case, you can try heating up the tube & inserting a new wire.
    The outside shell is the braided shield wire connect point.

Comment

Jazz, I think he means the connector inside the newer reverb tanks (2 pin connector at transducer).
      If this is the case, you can pick the broken piece of wire out of the connector and push the remaining wire back in there. The connector pierces the insulation but you have to make sure you get a good connection. Sometimes I just solder them anyway.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks g-one. I think you nailed it. I wasnt sure it was ok to solder sinve fender didn't. Ill give that a try.

Comment

Ahh, the mini Molex.

Comment

Fender didn't solder it because they make them on a production line. The asembler takes a pan with prewired jacks, then installs the spring assemble hanging by its four corner springs, then plugs in the two connectors. Done.

If the wires break off the connectors, I usually snip the connector off and tack solder the wires direct to the pins on the transducer.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
            X