Any Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Advice

I am looking to change my bridge pickups. I can't decide on the following Duncan Invaders, Anderson H3, Dean Tyrant. I currently use the Classic EMG 85 in the bridge to 81 in the neck setup. Does anyone have any experience with the Invaders, H3's or Tyrants and have any advice?

Hi Stonebreaker,
    Can you give us more information?

What specific sub-genre of melodic death metal are you into?
    What version IC is in the Tubescreamer you boost your 5150 with?

cheers
    Cru

Comment

Originally posted by CRU JONES View Post
      Hi Stonebreaker,

cheers
      Cru

Comment

Hi Stonebreaker,

cheers
        Cru
        Great, now he's gonna think you are some all knowing pickup psychic buddha

-Rob

Comment

Originally posted by rhgwynn View Post
          Great, now he's gonna think you are some all knowing pickup psychic buddha

-Rob
          Lol. maybe I am StoneBreaker, how close was I?

Comment

Hi CRU, not into Death Metal at all. I use a Dual Rec, into 4X12 Marshal Cab loaded with Vintage Celestion 30's. Type of genre would be more geared to Corrosion of Conformity, Spiritual Beggars etc, etc, etc.

Comment

Hi StoneBreaker, Guess I'm not the all knowing psychic pickup buddha lol.

I love COC. Ditch those EMG's fast! I do love those pickups, but you need something with a bit more raw attitude and... beauty. Ever consider p-90's?

Comment

Originally posted by Stonebreaker View Post
                Hi CRU, not into Death Metal at all. I use a Dual Rec, into 4X12 Marshal Cab loaded with Vintage Celestion 30's. Type of genre would be more geared to Corrosion of Conformity, Spiritual Beggars etc, etc, etc.
                Did You listen to the sound clips for the invader at the Seymour duncan comparetone site?
                Seymour Duncan
                T
                "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                Terry

Comment

Hi StoneBreaker, Guess I'm not the all knowing psychic pickup buddha lol.

I love COC. Ditch those EMG's fast! I do love those pickups, but you need something with a bit more raw attitude and... beauty. Ever consider p-90's?
                  You love WHAT??!??

-Rob

Comment

You say Stonebreaker you wan't to change out your Bridge pickup so don't forget the 25k vol pot for that needs to go too. 500k for the Invader etc and don't feed the EMG neck 81 through it either as it will be an almost on off switch for that.

Comment

What don't you like about the 85 that you're looking to remedy with a different pickup?

I played Invaders for a while before going to an 85 in the bridge as well, but at 18v. I seem to remember them being relatively dark and compressed, but it's been a long while since I played them. Unfortunately I can't offer any feedback on the other two pickups.
                      -Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X