Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

channel switching help (problem with amp)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• channel switching help (problem with amp)

Hi all,

I have an issue with my gigging amp (Jet City JCA100) that I can't replicate at home.

When I switch from the lead channel back to the normal channel, the sound seems to fizzle out kinda like the sound of a fuzzbox with a dying battery. It does correct itself, but the problem is getting worse. It only happens on the normal channel too.

I'm thinking that the only possible culprit could be the switching Vacrols, but I've no idea how to test them (never worked with these before). I do have some replacements here, but I'd prefer not to just replace all four Vacrols if I can help it, I'd rather be able to test to see if the existing ones are bad or not.

Any help much appreciated.
    HTH - Heavier Than Hell

Well I got the vactrols, replaced one of them (the one connected to the normal channel master), gigged the amp and the problem was still there.

So throwing caution to the wind (and also getting sick of my amp not behaving at gigs), I replaced all four of the vactrols (VTL5C1).

I gigged the amp last night and the problem seems to have gone. The amp also sounds way better than it has done too.

Just a heads up for anyone experiencing weirdness with volume fluctuations on the JCA100 normal channel (the OD channel was not affected).
    HTH - Heavier Than Hell

Comment

Working...
    X