Gallien-Krueger 700RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallien-Krueger 700RB

I'm looking for schematic of G-K 700RB bass amp. What is important is that I need power amp version 0250-A5. It is different from previous versions - it has 2 separate transistors on the input instead of one double transistor. What is also important is that several resistors have different values (or were removed). In the amp I have there is a problem with the input stage (a thump when turning on the amp)and with the output (-0.7V on the speaker).

Mark

Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
    I'm looking for schematic of G-K 700RB bass amp. What is important is that I need power amp version 0250-A5. It is different from previous versions - it has 2 separate transistors on the input instead of one double transistor. What is also important is that several resistors have different values (or were removed). In the amp I have there is a problem with the input stage (a thump when turning on the amp)and with the output (-0.7V on the speaker).

Mark
    Hi Mark,

All 700RBs have one double 2SC3381 transistor, only 700RBII has what you need (two low noise 2SC2240). I think that this is your case.

With regards to turn-off thump problem there is solution from GK.

Good luck.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Doctor, this is what I need. It's 700RB-II. There is a resistor missing from Q2A base to the ground. I was hoping that this is a mistake during assembly of the amp but looking at the schematic it's not. The input stage does not work correctly and I thought that this is due to the missing resistor.

Mark

Comment

"Missing" parts are usually just changes. If it were the cause of the problem, the amp would never have worked from the start.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The amp had thump when switched on from the start. No one measured voltage on the output (-0.7V) so I'm not sure whether this is a failure, or feature :-). Apart from this, the amp works correctly.

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X