Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Twin Reissue - No Power, Good Fuses, Inrush Limiter Seems OK

Hey guys,

I am having a problem with a 65 Twin Reissue. I had gotten this amp in dis-repair and brought it back to life. I have been playing it for about 1-1/2 years with no problem until the other night. We we playing an outdoor gig, everything was fine then between songs the amp just completely lost power - no pilot light, tubes are not glowing. Tried changing the fuse but, it made no difference.

I have it on the bench now, all fuses are good. The cable and power switch have been tested with my multi-meter and they are fine. The inrush limiter is properly soldered to the board and seems to be in tact. It reads 11.3 ohms on my meter. Is the PT dead?

Chuck

If you have mains voltage right at the pwr xfmr primary leads, and nothing on any secondary, then the pwr xfmr pri is open.
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Right. Measure the primary for continuity - winding resistance.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Less likely, but it could be a good primary and failed heater winding, or just a bad connection to the heater supply off CP13 or CP14 (green leads)

If the primary measures OK, check the B+ and heater supply.

Comment

Working...
        X