JBL EON dissassembly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBL EON dissassembly?

anyone ever take on of these apart to repair it?

What a pain, take the back off and the board cover screws inside, but the two main boards look like they are mounted to another piece of metal that is mounted to something else.

there's 4 screws on the inside sides that look like they hold the outer side plastic covers on that I hope will allow access to the board mounts.

Jeez, they could have done this alot easier.

Yes it's a pain when you just have to change the fuse !
    But in their defense they work, light to carry and don't fail in my experience unless they are/were abused.
    Have replaced a power transformer -- cleaned the pots and glued the horn guide on the back of the horn.
    The driver had fallen inside and fortunately not destroyed anything. This was the early model.
    I thought it innovative to use the main frame as par of the 15" spkr and also to utilize the frame as a heatsink with the 15 like a primitive fan !

When they first came out I wasn't aware of many hi-powered - powered speakers. Practical and functional but a pain to pull apart !

Comment

Here is the exploded view: http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/EON...es/EON15G2.pdf

Comment

Thanks.

This one is an EON 500, it's got a 10" driver and looks like it's assembled differently.
        Thanks for the link, I'll see if they have the model I need.

Comment

Working...
        X