Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender 1000 Roc Pro. cutting out, Whats Wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender 1000 Roc Pro. cutting out, Whats Wrong?

I have a Fender 1000 roc pro that when played for a while, 30mins, the sound dies but the unit is still on. I am a newbie to this type of thing and think it has a tube. could that be the problem.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

There is only one tube in this otherwise solid state amp. The tube itself barely does anything, and even that ONLY on the gain channel. No tube in the clean channel, so if the clean channel is fading out too, then it is not the little tube. But you can look at the tube and see if the heaters fade away.

Plug a spare guitar cord into the FX send jack, and the other end right back into the FX return. Does this restore the sound? If so, the return jack needs service.

Plug into the FX return with the guitar. Does THAT fade away too? Or does it remain while the normal signal path through teh amp fades away?

Make sure R116 and any other large cement resistor has not cracked its solder.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I had the same problem, sort of, the sound faded and amp starts to switching channels between red and yellow gain channel.
      even on clean same problem.
      it happends when volume is above 2.or a gentle slam on the top of the amp. but when I slam amp again, the sound comes back.
      i assumed there is an lose contact. and indeed , cracked solder on the foot of large cement resistor R172.

Comment

Working...
      X