X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egnater Renegade

Anyone have a schematic for a Egnater Renegade. Thanks -------------OMguy

What is wrong with it?
    I have one sitting here waiting for a power transformer (blows the main fuse with no tubes installed)
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jazz, Thank you for the drawing !!! The amp quit while they were playing and smelled hot and was shut off. I tested the four output tubes and one of the EL34's showed shorted on my Sencore TC162. The 800ma fuse to the EL34's was open and the 3A main fuse was blown. I pulled (and marked) all the power transformer secondary wires, replaced the 3A main fuse, and brought power up through my B&K 1655. While monitoring the two red secondary wires (QC19 and QC20) I brought power up and the two red wires showed 750VAC (no load) near line voltage. I just happened to be home today and this is all I have done to it so far!

Thank you again, it makes things a lot easier with the drawing. --------------------OMguy

Comment

What a hoot the way they stuffed all those wires into the power supply board.
        It is a real treat getting that board out.

Comment

Thank you very much! My Renegade can not work, your schematic is helpful !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
            What is wrong with it?
            I have one sitting here waiting for a power transformer (blows the main fuse with no tubes installed)
            I really love your Drawing! and It is so surprise to me that there is a Chinese Word "高压开关" ! on PS part, Standby Switch. Thank you again!

Comment

No surprise: those amps are made in China.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I think I will start including a Chinese character or two on my schematics from now on.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                  I think I will start including a Chinese character or two on my schematics from now on.
                  Oh, our Presidential candidate Francisco de Narvaez

had a couple Chinese symbols tatooed on arm and neck, maybe he thought they would bring him luck, you should do the same

by the way, he lost, there's people saying the chinese characters were actually written wrong, so as to bring him bad luck.
                  Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

No tattoos on this boy, never will be.

I think I would put something like the symbol for "eggplant" or maybe "motor oil" on a drawing. See how many people would actually find out it was nonsense, and how many would decide they knew it was a Chinese circuit and it sucked therefore. I like leaving subtle snares around to see who gets caught.
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi, Guys,I have some problem of my Egnater Renegade, hope someone can help me:

I can not hear the different between 6L6 and EL34 tube mix mode, is it broken? In the middle position of the mix pot, the sound is louder. now I wanna skip the "tube mix" unit of Renegade,just let it work on mix together position, how to wire it? If it is easy to do, anybody can draw the sketch or scheme for me? Is it can work like I draw:Click image for larger version

Name:	short 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	841574

And I wanna skip the "65/18 w switch" function too , the switch have not any effect...both side make the sound same. I even don't know my amp is on 65w or 18w mode now. so I just want it work on 65w only, can I just make the Optocoupler (U1 U2 H11F1) short circuit? or let it open circuit ? Click image for larger version

Name:	short.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	841575

Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by fishboya View Post
                        I can not hear the different between 6L6 and EL34 tube mix mode, is it broken? In the middle position of the mix pot, the sound is louder.
                        Can't say I've heard much diff either. I guessed my ears weren't up to the refined standard they need to be in order to appreciate the Egnater circuitry. Yes, just a little louder with the balance pot set at center. Forgive me Egnater fans for not being impressed. Seems a lot of trouble to go to, 4-gang pot and all, for not much result.
                        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I have replaced the voltage follower transistor in one of these before... as well as a bulging 10000uf mains cap.

Now I have it back in the shop a year or so later with a blown PT. Yes they sure did make these a pain to work on in regards to getting the PSU board out!

Guess this is the same schematic Jazz posted.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lowell View Post
                            I have replaced the voltage follower transistor in one of these before... as well as a bulging 10000uf mains cap.

Now I have it back in the shop a year or so later with a blown PT. Yes they sure did make these a pain to work on in regards to getting the PSU board out!

Guess this is the same schematic Jazz posted.
                            Yes! Most definately a P I T A!
                            Plenty of wiring for a pcb! Especially with PCB tube sockets too!
                            Is there any secrets or funny stuff to lookout for when it comes time to button up and dress all these wires? Like any nasty stray capacitance or induced noise, oscillations ect???
                            I also just got one on my bench that the previous tech had replaced the P-Xfmr with a Mercury Magnetics. It is now back blowing fuses and now I am repairing a 10uF cap and 470k resistor.(iirc)
                            Same schematic...
                            Anyways been awhile since I haunted these forums. Glad to see ya all!
                            Brian Southbound Suarez
                            Phineus J. Whoopy, you are the greatest! May just get one more peek at that three dimensional blackboard please?

Comment

Working...
                            X