Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 humbucker 1 single-coil coil-tapping blade-switch options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 humbucker 1 single-coil coil-tapping blade-switch options?

Hi All,

I'm through most of the woodworking on an ergonomic 6-string guitar and would like to use a four-conductor bucker in the bridge and a single-coil in the neck. One choice I'd like is the ability to coil-tap the humbucker off a blade-switch. The few diagrams I've found for this pickup configuration all use either minis or push/pull pots. That wouldn't be the end of the world but I'd like to get some options with the single blade switch. Possible combinations could include:

- split-coil bucker
    - bucker
    - both pups
    - single coil bucker and neck pup (series or parallel)
    - neck only.

I do have an E Megaswitch and a five-position, four-pole generic switch in the bin so I'll be messing around with re-purposing those. If anyone has some experience here or knows of a product that serves the need, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks, sh

Hello,
    Guitar Electronics has tons of wiring diagrams. They may have one like that or enough that you can get some ideas. I am sure you are also aware that a mix of the two kinds of pickups may create problems with the balance of the volumes. Also the values of the pots and caps will be a problem as both pickups work best with different kinds for each. If I were going to do it I would look at Telecaster wiring with a humbucker replacing the bridge. That would at least give you some ideas.
    With the switch Guitar Electronics has wiring diagrams using a 4 pole 5 position switch like you are talking about.

Comment

Working...
    X