Crate CA 60 Acoustic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate CA 60 Acoustic

Anyone have a Crate CA60 Acoustic schematic?

Sure, try these

Crap, empty files trying aagain
    Attached Files
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Geez this gets tiring.

I find that I can take a file, use the add text feature to stick my initials on a page somewhere, then save it with a new name, and it works. But then I have to do all that, plus unless I pre-emptorily do that every time, I can think of no way to know I will need to or not.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you kindly, Enzo.
        That worked fine.

I have 2 blown (literally) TL074 ic's.
        One on the preamp & one on the XLR Line Out jack.
        The other two TL074's are also bad. (they happened to retain the plastic casing at least)

I think something bad got plugged into that XLR jack.

Comment

I bet you are right.

In the old days, I would try to upload the complete files, in this case the DFX board (or whatever the other part was), and the layout/parts list for each board. But now that I have to do the dance with the system, I ran out of energy. So if you DO need the layouts or the little board, just let me know and I will.

Comment

This particular amp does not have the DSP board.

What I cannot seem to put my finger on is the power amp section.

I called the customer, the story is the amp was hooked up to the PA with the XLR Line Out jack.
            The amp ac cord was removed from one outlet & plugged into a gang box. (amp was not switched off)
            At this point, sparks flew.

The venue was in a very old building in Fairmount Park in Philadelphia.
            Apparently the wiring is not up to code.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jazz P Bass;324423]What I cannot seem to put my finger on is the power amp section.
              QUOTE]

I found the power amp on Page 3.

Comment

Oh geez, when you said you couldn't put your finger on it, I thought you were saying there was some power amp issue you couldn;t quite figure out. I didn;t realize you meant you couldn't find the drawing.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

It was very late.

I found it the next day when I was not looking for it.

Comment

Whooee.
                    This thing took one heck of a hit!

I ended up replacing every opamp as well as repairing a melted ground trace.
                    The two 1N914 diodes on the Line Out jack also where replaced as they checked as a dead short.
                    Two of the 10 ohm current resistors for the + & - 15 volts to one bank of ic's also showed open circuit.

The bright side of all this is the Chorus IC's & the power supply/ poweramps made it through unscathed.

Comment

Hey Jazz P Bass, I have one of these CA-60 and it works great except when I try to use the line out to feed a house sound system the chorus effect is not in the the signal to the board. The chorus is on and coming out the speakers in the amp but not out the line out. I've tried the hi-Z output with a stereo cable and lo-Z output with a Xlr to stereo adaptor, no chorus. Well I do get a change in sound when I turn the depth control knob but no rate. Again, the chorus woks great coming out of the speakers. Is that correct? Is the signal out just dry with reverb only?
                      Thanks...

Comment

The 'Acoustic Channel' switch must be ON.

Comment

It is. Both the instrument channel chorus and the vocal channel chorus switch are on. I'm stumped.

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                          The 'Acoustic Channel' switch must be ON.

Comment

There are a balanced XLR low-Z out and a balanced TRS hi-Z out. They come from the same source, and are fed from the left main bus. They are not stereo, they are mono signals.

All the schematics I can find are incomplete, six pages, but the first three are duplicated. But here is a factory description, scroll down to the block diagram
                            http://www.crateamps.com/pdf/manuals/ca60_om.pdf

Comment

Crate CA 60 Schemo

Crate CA 60 Schemo.pdf

Does this help anyone with my question as to why I have no chorus through the line out on my CA60?

I hope it opens. It's all Greek to me.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X