Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 8 pin tube socket adapter that can be dismanteled

Hello,

would you friendly folks out there lend me a hand finding an octal socket adapter (8 pin to 8 pin, no conversion), preferably made from metal? it should be easy to take it apart as I'd like to build a bias measuring device with wires attached, similar to Bias Rite.

I can find lots of assembled adapters, but they don't look like you can take them apart.

Any hints are greatly appreciated. Thanks !
    "Tubes are less likely than semiconductor devices to be destroyed by the electromagnetic pulse produced by nuclear explosions and geomagnetic storms produced by giant solar flares."

Not sure if these are metal, but one of these kits may have what you are after:
    http://music-electronics-forum.com/t32089/
    Mojotone Bias Checker Kit by Hoffman Amps - Mojotone.com
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

antique electronics has bakelite tube bases (product #P-SP8-476) for US$2.75
      you'd also buy an octal socket that gets glued down on top after you hook up your wiring.

I think this is exactly the same unit that came with the "bias scout" kit that I put together.
      If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
      If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
      We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
      MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

You can also find a bad octal tube in your shop and remove the base from it. Voila, instant octal plug.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          You can also find a bad octal tube in your shop and remove the base from it. Voila, instant octal plug.

That's ingenius, Enzo. .... and I feel stupid now. Thanks everyone !
          "Tubes are less likely than semiconductor devices to be destroyed by the electromagnetic pulse produced by nuclear explosions and geomagnetic storms produced by giant solar flares."

Comment

Working...
          X