Peavey JSX problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey JSX problem

Hi. My Peavey JSX head seems to have lost some power recently. I was suspicious of the tubes and was trying to determine if one or more of the power tubes are not working as expected.

They are all glowing but the left most tube is not nearly as hot as the others. For example, when brushing that back of my finger against the tubes the right 3 are hot enough to leave a burn, but the left one is cool enough to be brushed without leaving a burn. Is low temperature an indicator that the tube is not working as expected?

Thanks!

Probably, we need to pull that tube and swap it for one of the others. Now did the other tube now in that socket also stay cool? Or did the cool tube stay cool in its new socket? We are determining if the tube or the socket has the problem.

If the socket is haunted, then we pull the tube and see if there is high voltage on pin 4 - the screen of the tube.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply. Im going to test as prescribed. Hopefully it is just the tube and not the socket.

Thanks Enzo!

Comment

Ok. So after swapping the cold tube into another socket, it is still cold. I guess its time to buy a new set of tubes...

Comment

Working...
        X