Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please do not release the alien.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	mxr m80 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	835214
      Originally posted by g-one View Post
      Please do not release the alien.
      Sorry I have to do LoL
      It's a kind of potentiometer in the hard silicon matterClick image for larger version

Name:	mxr m80.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	835213
      Last edited by salecello; 09-07-2014, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Help me tha alien is released

Comment

Hi,
          I'm glad that you found out the battery connector, i just read the email but Archie could help you out.
          I think that you have a homebrew modded pedal... normally this pot shouldn't be there.
          If you're experienced enough you can try to find out what it does, the schematics are posted earlier in this thread.
          If not, leave it ! Maybe there are circuits cut and god knows what has changed. If it works and it sounds good, it should be OK.
          Perhaps he did a level adjustement to use the pedal for a line level (keyboard...)

Comment

Originally posted by Stoffie1974 View Post
            Hi,
            I'm glad that you found out the battery connector, i just read the email but Archie could help you out.
            I think that you have a homebrew modded pedal... normally this pot shouldn't be there.
            If you're experienced enough you can try to find out what it does, the schematics are posted earlier in this thread.
            If not, leave it ! Maybe there are circuits cut and god knows what has changed. If it works and it sounds good, it should be OK.
            Perhaps he did a level adjustement to use the pedal for a line level (keyboard...)
            Thanks Stoffie, I'm just curious to know what is it. Pedal work perfectly and that's it. I tried to turn left and right, but I can't noticed difference. Thanks one more

Comment

Well I hope it's a good alien .

Some guys are modding the distortion circuits in these pedals. When you were adjusting it, did you have it set up for distortion? The difference the adjustment would make may be hard to detect, you would have to listen carefully.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
                Well I hope it's a good alien .

Some guys are modding the distortion circuits in these pedals. When you were adjusting it, did you have it set up for distortion? The difference the adjustment would make may be hard to detect, you would have to listen carefully.
                G-one, you are right. This thing is connected on the switch of distorsion and I tried to move left and right and I notice different color of distorsion. Thanks a lot to everyone on this forum, especially to Stoffie, Archie and G-one(ie)

Comment

Working...
                X