Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

67 Fender Blackface Super Reverb - Hammond Reverb Tank Replacement Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 Fender Blackface Super Reverb - Hammond Reverb Tank Replacement Suggestions?

Pulled a 2 spring Hammond reverb tank out of a vintage '67 super reverb - open output coil and of course all the wires were broken.

Had the right date codes on it but is this tank original to the super reverbs?

No identifying marks other than a date code and Hammond sticker on the inside.

The input coil is still good and it appears to be an 8 ohm.

Can anyone confirm that 4AB3C1B is the proper replacement? I thought I would try one of the MOD tanks.

Appreciate the help.

4AB3C1B is the proper replacement. I used TAD 4AB3C1B models in several BF and SF Fender amps as replacement and found them much better sounding than the original cans.
    4AB3C1B TAD Reverb Can 2x2 Springs - TAD - Reverb Cans Tubeampdoctor
    It might be possible that the MOD and TAD cans are identical except the labeling, but I'm not quite sure, never tried a MOD can, the pics are quite similar.

Comment

Rep+ on the TAD Reverb Cans!
      Used them a lot and liked every one of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Zouto View Post
        It might be possible that the MOD and TAD cans are identical except the labeling, but I'm not quite sure, never tried a MOD can, the pics are quite similar.
        The TAD are way more expensive, I don't think they are the same. The MOD tanks have a little board at the jacks where you can reconfigure the ground scheme with a solder bridge.
        TAD are charging an extra 12lb for alternate grounding, If they were using the MOD tanks, they would just leave that up to the user.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks guys, I've ordered the mod (hard to argue with the price) but if it doesn't work out will definitely try the TAD.

Also going to try rebuilding the hammond tank, hate to see that go to waste.

Comment

Working...
          X