Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trace Elliot Comando 12 Bass Amp popping fuses

Hey Enzo,

A buddy contacted me asking if I would take a look at his bass amp, its a Trace Elliot Comando 12 bass amp. He says it keeps poping fuses.

I havent seen it yet so I dont know any more than that as of now. Is this amp a pain to fix or is it one of those amps that is fairly simple fix, maybe output transistors bad?

I had to ask since I have repaired amps with output transistors being blown but generally i have found it takes out more than just those...

I also do not have a schematic for it either...

I'm pretty well experienced, but i am not magic. I have no idea what is wrong, and I have never seen one. Between Peavey customer service and the general internet, we ought to find the schematics. But until you open it up and determine what sort of failure we have, I can;t do much for you. I mean sure, shorted outputs or maybe shorted rectifiers will cover the majority of fuse blowers.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

try this
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Enzo and thanks Mozwell for the schematics.

I'll have to look at this amp and see what all is out... I figured I would ask as I know some amps are easy to fix and some are just plain dogs to work on.

Cheers

Comment

Amps are amps. Some might be more convenient to get into, but an inconvenient amp might have a simple problem, and an easy access amp might have a bitch of a problem. Either way, you have to just open it up and fix it.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X