No announcement yet.

Biasing Blakstar HT5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys. This amp is in again. Not sure if same issue. However this is an HT5-C. The BMP amps link no longer works. Would someone pls share the schematic if you have it? Thanks!
    Last edited by lowell; 02-02-2018, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Here's a couple. If one of them matches the C, let us know which one it is.
      Attached Files
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I noticed that one of the schematics I have has a note from Nick attached to some part of the bias procedure.
        Attached Files
        When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
          I noticed that one of the schematics I have has a note from Nick attached to some part of the bias procedure.
          You are welcome
          Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

It's quite odd. There is no CON1 in this amp. The power tube socket is soldered to the main pcb. So in these schematics... you can see 0v noted between R32/34. But it isn't a ground. This is also the cathode so I'm assuming it SHOULD have a ground/common sign there. I do not get continuity from that point to ground.

Comment

Here we go again with 'ground'.

Look at this schematic crop.
              HT 5 Zero Volts.pdf

Chassis Ground is connected to Circuit Zero Volts through this circuit.

Comment

Yeah I know. Sorry for the incorrect semantics. Regardless...I cannot find R32/34 33k bias resistors. And none of the resistors in that area have continuity to the cathode resistor and diode 0v point. I think they changed some of the resistor values and the general bias arrangement on this one.

Comment

If you had a pic of the positive lead placement that would be super awesome! I am doing a first time re-tube of a HT5 Metal and need to bias with smoking the amp or myself! Thank you in advance for all the help thusfar!

Comment

Working...
                  X