Gibson EB-3 Replacement Switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson EB-3 Replacement Switch?

I have an old EB3 in the shop, I'm helping rewire.
    Looking for a switch replacement?
    Thanks,
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Hi Teee

Is it this one??

4 Position Rotary Switch | Allparts.com

Comment

That would probably work, but would have to change out the Selector knob that the Customer wants to keep.
      Right now The original switch is bad, and the cheapie replacement that the guitar shop installed is bad also.
      I stock Mojo brand 3 way toggle switches, like that goes in a LP guitar.
      So for the time being I installed one of those, and that lets me get the bass running, and sort out the other problems.
      I'll let the shop and customer sort out the rotary switch.
      Personally I don't like a rotary, if you can do it with some form of toggle or leaver switch.
      The toggle is much faster and easier to use while playing.
      Thanks,
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

What is the selector knob he has now? I thought chicken head knobs were pretty much the standard for that type of switch

What is the problem with the new and old switch? Is it the same problem happening with both switches installed? I'm assuming with the 4 way selector it's doing a series/parallel thing in there for the 4th sound

Comment

Working...
        X