Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best cheapest Nitro Lacquer for headstock decal installs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EVO "Gold" frets seem to be the best of both worlds.

Comment

Hey Chuck,

Don't feel too bad about not playing out or being in a band. I was playing in a night club house band in 1995 and had been playing clubs the last 13 years before when I developed tinnitus and the doctors told me my hearing was about go south if I didn't stop playing out. I had to stop playing in bands to keep what was left of my hearing... I hated that. being a musician was the only thing I knew and enjoyed doing. I had to face the fact that playing to loud over the years finally damaged my hearing. I did have ear problems as a teenager due to swimmers ear from surfing in the good ol Gulf on Mexxico. All I can do now is sit around my home and play... not much inspiration to that but that's all God allows me to do now... I was 34 years old when I damaged my hearing, I'm now approaching my mid 50s... yep, sometimes life can stink in certain ways...

But in writing that it reminds me of this true story of a guy named Michael Morton who was wrongfully convicted of killing his wife and sentenced to life in a Texas prison. he spent 25 years in prison before they cleared him on DNA and found the real killer. Michael lost his Wife, his son and was bankrupt due to bad detectives and a bad DA that sent him to prison when he was innocent, so when I hear about stories like Michael Morton's I'm not so upset by my hearing damage... Got to Love Texas, they put away more innocent people in prison probably than any other state in the USA.
      Last edited by Slobrain; 06-23-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slobrain View Post
        Got to Love Texas, they put away more innocent people in prison probably than any other state in the USA.
        Because they are for profit private prisons. But that's getting more common all over I hate to say.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
          Because they are for profit private prisons. But that's getting more common all over I hate to say.
          I worked on the network within the Texas TDCJ prison hospital in Galveston and had a few TDC guards tell me that the Texas prisons are swelling up bad and its been happening the last 20 years. My brother in law was a TDC guard for 25 years and he said the Texas courts hand out long sentences for drug offenses like its giving away candy.

In the movie Shawshank Redemption They made jokes about all the cons being innocent... now when you follow the Innocence Project you see how many are getting released thru DNA testing showing they were innocent all along. When a man maintains he is innocent in prison thru many years then I would say he probably is...

I heard a guy on TV an while back saying that a holocaust is happening right now in America to the poor that are being shipped off to our prisons. I wouldn't be surprised...BIG MONEY... BIG MONEY...

The drummer from the band I was in back in the 80s gut busted for drug possession some years back and spent a over a year in jail waiting on his lawyer, he finally had to fire that court appointed lawyer only to get another one that did no good for him, by the time he got to court he got 6 years in prison.
          Last edited by Slobrain; 06-25-2014, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X