Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coron effects schems request (rebrands include Sanox, Cutec, In-Line-Effects, more..)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coron effects schems request (rebrands include Sanox, Cutec, In-Line-Effects, more..)

I have a few of these and LOVE them! For those that aren't familiar with them (and from the history I can gather), Coron started off (like many) as an MXR clone company. Then graduated into 'borrowing' from Boss and others...

Other brand names include: Aria, Boston, Daytone, Electra (70s, 80s), Frontline, Gig, Locobox (70s, 80s), Martin (DE-80), Nadine (70s), OmniFex, Powervoice, Redson (70s), Rolling (70s), Solec (70s), Studio Series, Volz (70's pedals), Washburn (80's pedals)

One source has attributed them to Guyatone (-which I believe is incorrect), and another site has attributed them to Evans[Uecks] by way of Aria effects pedals, and a third to Yu-Bros (same as Uecks? -my guess due to a box I saw with a U to the left of the Yu Brother logo).

So they had to be big enough to have enough of a network to rebadge (on demand/per order), in fairly decent quantities...and with very good reliability/production methods to have lasted this long. So I guess Guyatone's not an insane guess from that person's part... it's just that the construction/pcb/pots/etc seems so different to everything I've seen from Guyatone. And not being familiar enough with other 'indie' manufacturers, I'm guessing that Coron had to be the primary brand by Uecks/Evans.
    Would love any *confirmed* history/education that helps to sort this out, and even educated speculation, at least as it relates to your cumulative first-hand knowledge, recollections.

Loco Box Effects Pedal
    JACQUES PEDALS obscure Japanese pedals
    Coron first series | Effects Database
    Coron Sound Creator series | Effects Database

I'd especially love to have schems for the following two:
    Coron - DC-873 (Stereo Chorus) - Effects Freak
    Coron DC-801 Phaser I | Effects Database

However, I'll gladly accept anything anyone has/can find on Coron effects (regardless of label), since I've come up dead empty schematic wise.

Thanks in advance!
    Start simple...then go deep!

"EL84's are the bitches of guitar amp design." Chuck H

"How could they know back in 1980-whatever that there'd come a time when it was easier to find the wreck of the Titanic than find another SAD1024?" -Mark Hammer

I know it's a long shot... but again, if anyone has free time (to dig through their print archives) and remembers this request, I'd *greatly* appreciate it!! (Especially the chorus/phaser units referenced above.)

Thanks in advance,
    Rob

"How could they know back in 1980-whatever that there'd come a time when it was easier to find the wreck of the Titanic than find another SAD1024?" -Mark Hammer

Comment

Try also posting in "schematic requests", I think some of the members who source schematics read only that section.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thank you sir! Will do!

Comment

Working...
        X